Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Skype

For part of our final project, Rhett, Andrew, James, and I will be hosting a fireside with the referral center missionaries about how to become more proactive online missionaries.  Part of our preparation for the fireside has been frequent chats with the missionaries through skype.  The first couple times I met over at Rhett's apartment to participate with him in the chats; but not last Friday.  Last Friday I performed my first official skype chat with Elder Seth Spencer and Elder Blair Ahlstrom.  It was really neat.  I know that I am still an amateur but this was a big step for me in becoming more digitally literate.  It was also another step forward in becoming a better online missionary. 

The fireside is scheduled for November 21 from 7-8 in the Little Theater in the Wilkinson Center.  Here is our tentative outline for the fireside: 
  1. Missionaries skype in and give brief presentation about what they do at the referral center and a few suggestions on what we can do to become better online missionaries.
  2. Rhett, Andrew, James, and I plan on discussing a few of the other online tools available.  We plan on sharing personal experiences about what we are currently doing to share the gospel online.  
  3. Eat yummy treats and mingle with others.
We look forward to seeing all of you on the 21st.  

No comments:

Post a Comment