Sunday, October 24, 2010

Digital Literacy meets Missionary Work

After a recent discussion in my digital civilization class about how The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints and its use of digital media, I wanted to post a few of the thoughts that I had related to our discussion.
  1. It takes time to become proficient in online chat just like a new language.  This also applies to becoming proficient in the use of digital literacy tools.  
  2. Last Thursday, was my favorite digital civilization class period of the semester.  I had no idea that there was so many different LDS church sites and ways to spread the gospel digitally.
  3. It's probably pretty obvious that the digital world is new to me and I am far from being proficient but seeing how it applies to something that I am passionate about has really changed my views towards digital media.
  4. I no longer super hesitant about potentially working in Provo, UT post graduation.  I used to be hesitant because I wanted to live in a place where all members could participate and feel a part missionary work in the area.  Having seen many of the digital tools/ resources for missionary work that are available, I feel a lot better about living in Provo after I graduate. 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that you are inspired and interested to participate. There is a lot of good that can be done, especially with those who now have improved digital literacy skills. We'll talk further.

    ReplyDelete