Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Sound Notes

Hello everyone.  Last week, after Rhett, Andrew and I held our mini book club, I had a great idea.  Instead of boring everyone with a long post of what I learned, I wanted to post a sound note to my blog for everyone to listen to.  Simple, right???  I don't think so.  Hopefully someone will be able to help me out but I couldn't figure out a way to create a link to hear my sound clip directly to my blog so I posted it another way.

The following is a list of the steps I took in order to post my sound clip (commentary about The Count of Monte Cristo) to my blog:
  1. Create a sound note.  
  2. Try to upload sound clip straight to blogger (Failed)
  3. Create a movie using Windows Movie Maker (Upload the sound clip and a picture/ slide show/ or actual movie)
  4. Once the movie has been created, upload the movie to YouTube.
  5. Embed the recently uploaded YouTube video into your blog.  
Even though it was a more complicated process than I was hoping, I feel like I became more digitally literate because of this experience.  I learned how to use Windows Movie Maker and how to upload a video to YouTube.  Pretty cool stuff.  More information on these great tools to come.  



    2 comments:

    1. One time I had a problem with sending a sound clip in an email attachment that was too large so i uploaded it as a google doc and sent it out that way :)

      ReplyDelete
    2. One approach I use is stick the file(s) into a shared dropbox folder on my computer and simply include the link to your file. Here's my post to what dropbox is: http://pucksonice.blogspot.com/2010/09/dropbox.html

      ReplyDelete