Monday, October 4, 2010

The Printing Press = Accessibility

As I have contemplated how to make my blog more interesting and more contributory to my digital civilization class, one word came to mind......accessibility.  During class and as I go about my day to day life, I look for real-life connections to the historical topic we are studying in class like we've been instructed to do.  The problem is that I record my notes/ ideas/ connections on my iPod touch instead of my blog.   But why?  The reason is because of accessibility.  When I record my thoughts on my iPod, they are more personal and the conclusions that I come to are always right.  However, when I post on my blog, my ideas are no longer personal but accessible by anyone.

As I've studied and researched about the evolution of the printing press, it was interesting to discover that I'm not alone in my fear of my thoughts/ ideas being made more accessible.  In fact, Gutenberg himself wanted to keep his invention of the printing press a secret.  Why?  I think it might have had something to do with accessibility

No comments:

Post a Comment